We have a load of news, exhibits, and great things for you to check out and mark on your calendars!
- Philadelphia artist, Zoe Strauss, is having a mid-career retrospective, Zoe Strauss: Ten Years, at the Philadelphia Museum of Art from January – April 2012. In conjunction with the exhibition, her second book will be published. Zoe is doing all her printing with PPAC! We are having a blast this summer printing a ton of pictures. Stop in for a sneak preview……
See the PMA’s site about Zoe’s exhibition.
- One of PPAC’s long-term clients, Janelle Lynch, began working with us before we even found our current home at Crane Arts. Janelle just published her book Los Jardines de Mexico, with Radius Books. For more info, visit Janelle’s website
- Next Friday, July 8th from 6 -9, be sure to visit two openings at 319 North 11th Street, Philadelphia, PA. On the 2nd floor, visit Tiger Strikes Asteroid, for the opening of an exhibition by Amy Beecher & Susan Bricker. PPAC helped complete a 75′ double-sided that Beecher will display as a sculptural object on the floor of the gallery. Should be great to see! Then head up to the 3rd floor to visit VoxPopuli, for the opening of VOX VII, the seventh annual exhibition of emerging artists, on view through July 31. PPAC’s very own Leigh Van Duzer is among the artists showing. Leigh also will be included in the Wassaic Project Summer Festival 2011 Exhibition. For more info please visit the wesbite.
- Sarah Stolfa, PPAC’s Executive Director, will be speaking with Brian McManus on Wednesday, July 20, 7:30 pm at the Philadelphia Free Library, Central Branch. Sarah will be discussing her work The Regulars and Brian will talk about his new book Philadelphia’s Best Dive Bars. For more info please visit, the page website.
Sarah also has work at The Silver Eye Center for Photography in Keystone.1, the first Pennsylvania Photography Biennial, featuring sixteen statewide artists working at the forefront of contemporary photography. The exhibition is on view from May 24 to August 27, 2011.
- Christopher Gianunzio, PPAC’s Exhibitions Coordinator will be exhibiting a new book project entitled Tactics with Le Garage in Arles, France from July 4th-10th. For more info please visit, Le Garage. He has also recently produced a companion poster for the project that can be purchased here.
- PPAC’s longest running volunteer (he helped build our walls!) Dan Cohoon is celebrating the 15 year anniversary of his zine AMPLITUDE EQUALS ONE OVER FREQUENCY SQUARED. Check out the photography section of the site.
- PPAC is sad to announce that we are losing two people on our team. Lab Manager Keith Yahrling and volunteer Victor Rivera are leaving to go to graduate school for their MFA’s in photography. Keith is going to Rhode Island School of Design and Victor is headed to Syracuse University. We will miss them greatly, but are very excited for them! Come visit them before they go!